About Nicole Rohrer
MA, LPCC, RPT
An independent contractor.
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
- Registered Play Therapist (RPT)
- BA, Psychology, University of Minnesota, 2011
- MA, Counseling Psychology, Bethel University, 2017
- Certificate of Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health, University of Minnesota, 2022
Nicole has worked in the mental health field since 2017 in outpatient, school-based, and in-home settings. Nicole has a passion for working with children ages 6 months to 7 years old and their families in areas of anxiety, depression, adjustment, trauma, adoption, foster care, attachment, and other mental health concerns. She primarily utilizes non-directive play therapy and has completed trainings in Experiential Play Therapy, Level 1 Theraplay, and Synergetic Play Therapy. She also is certified as a parent coach for Attachment and Bio-behavioral Catch-up for infants 6 months-24 months old and their caregivers.
Nicole has completed the Permanency and Adoption Competency Certificate program, and has a passion for children who have been adopted or are in the foster care system.
When she is not working with her clients, she can be found cuddling with her two rescue dogs. She also enjoys crocheting and other crafts, board games and playing table top role playing games, such as Dungeons and Dragons.